PORTFOLIO COMMITTEE AMENDMENTS ON THE RENTAL HOUSING
AMENDMENT BILL [B30-2007] AS PROPOSED BY THE PORTFOLIO COMMITTEE ON HOUSING
1. On page 3, from line 13, to omit "and on application by a landlord."
1. That the following be the new clause:
Amendment of section 10 of Act 50 of 1999
5. Section 10 of the principal Act is hereby amended by the insertion after subsection (2) of the following subsections:
"(2A) The Chairperson presides at all meetings of the Tribunal. "
(28) Where the Chairperson is not present at a meeting the Deputy Chairperson presides or if the Deputy Chairperson is not present the members of the Tribunal present must appoint from amongst themselves a member to preside at such a meeting."
1. On page 3, from line 48, to omit paragraph (b).
1. On page 4, from line 12, to omit "The [MEC may] Minister must, after consultation with [the relevant standing or portfolio committee of the Provincial Legislature responsible for housing matters in the province] every MEC, by notice in the Gazette, make regulations relating to-" and to substitute
"The [MEC may] Minister must, after consultation with the [relevant] standing or portfolio committee on housing [of the Provincial Legislature responsible for housing matters in the province] and every MEC, by notice in the Gazette, make regulations relating to-"